- Etobicoke, ON
- Job ID:
- Multiple temporary contract positions available, both full and part-time
- Currently hiring in Etobicoke, Hamilton, Burlington, and Hagersville
- Great opportunity to start a career in long-term care
- Negotiable rates that are competitive with the current job market
Since 1984, Responsive Group has been making a difference for seniors by supporting them in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment. Currently operating dozens of LTC and retirement homes across Ontario, they’re assembling a team of dedicated healthcare staff who are committed to the wellbeing of residents and each other.
No matter what location you choose to work in, you can have confidence in the support and leadership at Responsive Group homes. If you have a sudden issue and don’t know what to do, you’ll have a supportive, and non-judgmental team behind you.
Transparency and camaraderie are the cornerstones of Responsive Group’s culture; even though healthcare is a policy-driven environment where rules matter, we still find ways to be ourselves, have fun, and make a difference.
RPNs serve a range of important functions on our health care team, both supervisory and practical. Beyond providing care and medications, you’ll help in the implementation of care plans while overseeing the work of PSWs.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Develop and modify care plans
- Administer medication and treatments in compliance with the policies of Pharmacy provider, the Home and professional standards Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care in compliance with the legislative requirements and the policies of the Home
- Liaise with other health care personnel, agencies and families
- Assist in the investigation, documentation, resolution and reporting of complaints and incidents (i.e. suspected abuse)
- Direct, assign and evaluate the work of the PSWs
- Ensure that care delivered is consistent with the resident Bill of Rights.
- Order nursing supplies and ensure equipment is used properly and efficiently
- Assess changes in health status and reports changes to Substitute Decision Maker (SDM) and interdisciplinary team
- Completes assessments (RAI-MDS and other assessments) and develop/update plans of care for each resident
Working with Responsive Group
You’ll start out at a competitive wage, commensurate with your skills and experience. Recent grads are welcome to apply.
Several homes have immediate availability for temporary contract roles, both full and part-time. Quality candidates will have opportunities to extend contracts, explore opportunities at new homes, or get converted to permanent positions where available.
Depending on location either straight days, evenings, overnights, or rotating shifts will be available. Those able to work evenings and nights will be given preference as these are the greatest areas of need.
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Basic CPR
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team
- Experience in long-term care an asset
- Experience in wound care or other area of specialization would be an asset
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and vulnerable sector screening
- Recent tuberculosis (TB) test, as well as proof of double-vaccination for Covid-19
Applying with Ian Martin
Ian Martin is an established healthcare, IT and engineering hiring firm with over 60 years’ experience connecting talented candidates with meaningful work. When you apply, you’ll get more than just a chance at a great job—you’ll become part of a vast network of employers that are always changing.
We strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com