- Etobicoke, ON
- Job ID:
Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- Multiple temporary contract positions available, both full and part-time
- Currently hiring in Etobicoke, Hamilton, Burlington, and Hagersville
- Great opportunity to start a career in long-term care
- Pay range between $19 and $25 per hour, commensurate with experience
The pandemic has been difficult for healthcare workers everywhere, and long-term care homes are no exception. That’s why it’s important to join a home that offers quality leadership, stability, and support.
We’ve got a new opportunity that promises ongoing contracts and access to a large network of employers that will help you find your own place in the world of long-term care.
Since 1984, Responsive Group has been making a difference for seniors by supporting them in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment. Currently operating dozens of LTC and retirement homes across Ontario, they’re assembling a team of dedicated healthcare staff who are committed to the wellbeing of residents and each other.
PSWs are a critical part of daily operations in LTC; as a member of the PSW team, your work will ensure a safe, healthy and positive resident experience. Under the guidance of registered staff, you’ll implement care plans and provide guidance and assistance to residents.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Ensure the health and safety of residents, families and co-workers
- Perform a wide variety of tasks including assistance with personal care and activities of daily living
- Provide direction and guidance to residents in the provision of activities per their plan of care, maximizing independence and allowing for choice and self-determination
- Monitor residents’ wellbeing and report changes in their physical/emotional conditions to registered staff
- Responsible for accurate documentation on residents for each shift
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the home including the Code of Conduct
Working with Responsive Group
You’ll start out at a competitive wage, commensurate with your skills and experience. Those who have recently completed their certification are welcome to apply.
Several homes have immediate availability for temporary contract roles, both full and part-time. Quality candidates will have opportunities to extend contracts, explore opportunities at new homes, or get converted to permanent positions where available.
Depending on location either straight days, evenings, overnights, or rotating shifts will be available. Those able to work weekends, evenings and nights will be given preference as these are the greatest areas of need.
No matter what location you choose to work in, you can have confidence in the support and leadership at Responsive Group homes. If you have a sudden issue and don’t know what to do, you’ll have a supportive, and non-judgmental team behind you.
Transparency and camaraderie are the cornerstones of Responsive Group’s culture; even though healthcare is a policy-driven environment where rules matter, we still find ways to be ourselves, have fun, and make a difference.
- Health Care Aide/PSW Certification from a program that is at least 600 hours, counting both class time and practical experience
- The PSW program must meet the vocational standards established by Ministry of Training, Colleges or University OR the standards established by the National Association of Career Colleges OR the standards established by the Ontario Community Support Association
- Additional knowledge/expertise in wound care or other area would be an asset
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and vulnerable sector screening
- Recent tuberculosis (TB) test, as well as proof of double-vaccination for Covid-19
Applying with Ian Martin
Ian Martin is an established healthcare, IT and engineering hiring firm with over 60 years’ experience connecting talented candidates with meaningful work. When you apply, you’ll get more than just a chance at a great job—you’ll become part of a vast network of employers that are always changing.
We strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org