We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Technical Advisor
Resume Due Date: Thursday, November 4, 2021(5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 2 years
To support Department Manager, Darlington New Nuclear Project (DNNP), EA & Licensing- with the execution and oversight of the work to support the site preparation activities and the development of licence to construct for DNNP (Darlington New Nuclear Project).
Specific tasks/deliverables will include:
- Develop new or revise certain existing OPG governing documents to support a management system that will be used for DNNP
- Produce & review technical documents to fulfill deliverables to close Environmental Assessment (EA)commitments to various governmental agencies.
- Support the site preparation activities on EA related matters and EA commitments
- Track supporting organizations on their required deliverables for the licence to construct and their respected EA commitments
- Coordinate all permits and approvals required for site preparation and construction phases. This will require direct interface with various organizations across OPG nuclear and external governmental agencies.
- Review or assist , where required, dispositions, scoping and costing of impact mitigating measures.
- Advise the Department Manager on relative importance of items to support licence process
- Mandatory to have 4 years engineering degree.
- Mandatory experience in North America or European Nuclear industry.
- Minimum of more than 15 years of experience in nuclear power industry is preferable.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of engineering and project management concepts to effectively coordinate projects and programs.
- Requires business acumen and analytical skills to analyze data on proposals.
- Requires knowledge of the nuclear power generation and familiar with the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission licensing process.
- Requires a strong knowledge of English to communicate effectively with internal/external stakeholders, to prepare program proposals, write reports and/or present recommendations
- Familiar with various external regulatory agencies
- Requires a thorough understanding of nuclear management system, governance, processes and CSA N286-12
- Familiar with Environmental Protection and Nuclear Safety regulations, principles and concepts.
- Familiar with environmental , construction permits and approvals
- Requires experience in nuclear engineering, business, contract negotiations, risk evaluation, identification of financial, operational and technical issues associated with projects, to evaluate project alternatives and prepare business cases.
- Requires experience with project management, methods, techniques and concepts, and strong leadership skills to effectively participate, and at times lead, project teams.
- Requires experience working with external consultants/contractors.
- Requires experience working in partnership arrangements.