Under the supervision of the Chief Engineer, the Senior Engineer will perform more complex engineering assignments requiring originality, ingenuity and the development of new methods or resolution of design and safety objectives. Provides advanced technical support, guides and reviews the work of other team members. Typically leads the engineering design or investigates new designs for a project. The position lends engineering expertise for a Multi-displine team including reviews, progress and updates to management as needed.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of more complex engineering assignments, typically in areas of design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, execution of design tasks and resolution of design problems.
- Ensures compliance with government, organization and customer engineering requirements and standards.
- Evaluate, select, and apply various specialized techniques, procedures, and criteria using
- Develops new or adapted products, methods, systems or models to provide added value solutions.
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods and improvements.
- Works on special projects, as directed.
Performs other related duties and tasks, as required.
- Advanced knowledge of related nuclear specific engineering standards, techniques and criteria.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data.
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Lead Multi-discipline engineering team and partners in complex designs.
- Engineering organizations may have additional qualification requirements with established criteria to demonstrate success, including such items as training courses and/or qualification records
Critical thinker, flexibility, strong communication skills, team player, Innovator, ability to work autonomously
Required Education /Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering OR Engineering Technical Degree.
- 12 years or more of engineering experience (Advanced degrees or relevant experience within the nuclear industry may be used as substitutes for experience.)
- Professional Engineer designation in applicable Province and able to obtain designation within New Brunswick.
- Experience in the nuclear industry is an asset, especially sodium fast reactors.