Contracts Manager (Remote)
Are you an energetic, focused, and results-oriented individual, with a high level of integrity and honesty, and excellent relationship building and negotiation skills? Do you have contract management experience in the technology industry, or within a rapidly growing company?
If this sounds like you and you’re looking for an exciting new opportunity to join a fast-growing technology company where you can make an immediate impact, this could be the role for you.
Who are we?
The Ian Martin Group has partnered with our client, a robotics company with a vision to bring robotic solutions into everyday life. Their ground-breaking product is deployed around the world and trusted by leading facilities and building service companies. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Kitchener, ON, Canada, with offices in the United States and South America, they offer comprehensive service and support to customers on 5 continents.
Now, they are looking for you, their new Contracts Manager.
What you’ll be doing
As the new Contracts Manager, you will be a key member of the Finance team, playing an integral role in supporting the global sales process by managing the customer contract life cycle, including preparation, negotiation, and administration of all existing and prospective customer contracts.
Your success in this role will determined by your excellent relationship-building ability and refined negotiation skills. You will be able to easily partner and build rapport with both clients and internal team members, to solve business problems and challenges, and coordinate business and legal issues.
Practically speaking, you will:
· Review, negotiate and amend all agreements within the company to support business standards.
· Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, nonstandard terms and conditions and various clients’ inquiries and edits to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
· Participate in contract negotiation calls with existing and prospective customers, support the sales organization as needed.
· Work closely with, and collaboratively engage with internal customers and external legal counsel to provide solutions to resolve contract terms and processes.
· Coordinate and partner with all applicable internal teams during contract negotiations, and act as the key contact for the legal team, by providing guidance and assistance to the sales team for non-standard terms and conditions.
· Act as the point of escalation for urgent revenue impacting issues
· Apply problem-solving skills and judgment to assist in managing corporate risk.
· Recommend and implement processes and procedures to drive efficiency and improve contract workflow, to improve contracting key performance indicators.
· Organize and maintain a library of forms, provisions, templates, and other resources, including ensuring version control.
The best person for this role is a builder – someone excited by the prospect of building and maturing the company’s contract negotiation processes and infrastructure and taking the lead to ensure that the right systems and processes are in place to support the company as it continues to rapidly grow and evolve.
Theirs is a world-class team of innovators who are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in their industry. If the idea of joining a diverse, passionate team that thrives on collaborative problem-solving in a fast-paced environment sounds exciting to you, then we want to meet you.
This is a full-time permanent position, offering a competitive annual salary and generous benefits. The office is based in Kitchener, though working location can be flexible (fully remote, hybrid model, or in office).
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years’ demonstrated experience in process improvement initiatives and contractual and sales operations including reviewing, drafting and negotiating software and technology contracts
- University or college degree in business, financial or legal related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong understanding of contract law and the legal principles related to contract drafting/interpretation.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, sales teams and customers, while being a flexible team player and able to work in cross-functional teams
- Experience working in Salesforce would be a bonus
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.