- Calgary, AB
- Job ID:
Our client, a market leading financial institution, has an immediate need for a System Administrator, Space Booking. This is a contract position for four (4) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
What you will be doing…
TRAINING & ON-GOING SUPPORT
- Be responsible for, and expected to be, the client in-house expert on the space booking system. A range of internal and external resources will be available to support you in this effort.
- Schedule end-user training sessions for beta testers, and early/ongoing adopters as expansion continues.
- Support the PP&S team, and engage in the larger cross-functional working group that is already in place and working on these initiatives.
- Work with and support the appropriate change management and communications resources for roll-out of the space booking technology.
CORPORATE SPACE FLOOR PLAN OWNERSHIP:
- Coordinate client corporate space floor plans (PDF of CAD files) for upload into the system.
- Designate space types and resources in the system, customizing desks, spaces and points of interest on floor maps.
- Coordinate floor plan changes in alignment with ongoing construction projects.
- Update corporate floor plans with information about unassigned space as well as validating the team members with assigned workstations/offices.
- Update meeting room system data with key details for each room, reservation parameters and settings.
MANAGING SYSTEM PARAMETER SETTINGS, PERMISSIONS AND SYSTEM TESTING:
- Become the in-house expert on understanding and managing role parameter settings as part of the system implementation and then on an ongoing basis.
- Define individual user based permissions and oversee the initial mass upload for all relevant users.
- Set booking policies and permissions.
- Help or potentially lead administrator and user system testing prior to system pilot launch and other phases.
ONGOING DAY-TO-DAY ACTIVITIES
- Manage system task log of permission requests or other active tasks generated by the system for system administrator review and action.
- As the client’s corporate portfolio changes, keep location floor plans up-to-date (i.e. space reductions, new office locations, expansion to include advisory centers or smaller corporate satellite offices, etc.).
- Manage Service Requests or Support Requests by end users requiring assistance. This might include escalating issues to internal TIE technical support resources or the software’s technical support team.
- Act as client internal expert on the space booking solution. Ensure that you are up-to-date on software updates, available resources, product roadmaps, etc.
- Coordination of new application features / functions (i.e. user communications, training resources) being added or helping coordinate new version upgrades in conjunction with the vendor (system testing).
- Likely maintain a web page on space booking solution on the client intranet site. This would include keeping up-to-date on vendor supplied training materials and updating links to these materials for end-users.
- Potentially provide system training or coaching and / or help create training materials / videos.
- On an annual basis, assess number of licenses required (based on real estate portfolio changes).
What you will need to succeed…
- Passion – you’re an individual who brings a ‘can do’ motivation to work every day. Without direction, you get started and proactively think about what needs to come next.
- Relationship builder – a team player who can build relationships across all areas of the business
- Think big AND deliver results – we support innovation and we love innovators who get things done.
- 3 or more years of experience in one or multiple of: facility management, space planning, business operations, community relations, project management, customer service, and/or sales a plus.
- Post- secondary degree (business discipline, IT or related area preferred)
- Technology savvy and comfortable learning new applications and systems
- Ability to understand and work with floor plans, space planning concepts
- Previous experience using CAD, or similar software or other graphical applications
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) and ability to champion the client’s space booking solution.
- Proven analytical skills in order to assess results against objectives and validate that you’re making a difference; and ability to identify insights
- Superior multi-tasking abilities and organizational skills
- Strong orientation towards customer experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Fun, vibrant, energetic and charismatic.
NICE TO HAVES
- Some experience or understanding of the banking industry
- Working knowledge of the principles of activity-based-work (ABW)
- Related experience with project management, space planning or real estate portfolio management
- Previous experience or understanding of corporate moves or real estate portfolio strategic initiatives
- Previous system administration experience desirable
- Previous technical support or help desk experience desirable
- Previous training or training material content creation experience desirable
Client requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment with Ian Martin” for this opportunity.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.