- Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
- $21.00 per hour
- 3rd shift : 10p – 6am, Sunday – Thursday
- Immediate Enrollment in Benefits & Wellness Program
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a milling company ADM and they are seeking to hire Lab Technician.
You will be doing…
- Collecting and distribution of samples
- Physical testing of production samples
- Daily calibration of standard lab instruments
- Recording and interpreting test results
- Verifying sufficient inventory of testing supplies
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the laboratory environment
- Maintains samples of the tested product in order to confirm test results when necessary
- Performs light maintenance and calibration on all ADM laboratory equipment.
- Maintains on-going records of the results of all testing procedures and inputs such data into computer on a daily basis
- Maintains adequate supplies used for testing procedures and notifies the supervisor of the need to re-order such supplies
- Continually compares test results with standards as required to ensure that all products are within specification
- Ability to make decisions based on the information and data available
Why this is the right job for you…
- Maintains a neat and clean working area at all times, washing equipment as required and placing equipment in the proper storage areas
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and successfully completing all safety certification requirements
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all FDA, USDA, GMP, BRC, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines
- Handles various chemicals in assorted containers in the manner outlined in the manufacturer’s chemical Safety Data Sheet
- Familiarizes themselves with the hazards in their work area and how to protect themselves
- Informs supervisor/manager immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipment, and/or acts
- Understands that accidents are preventable and that safety is everyone’s responsibility
- Commitment to ADM’s goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understanding and following company safety procedures
- Additionally reports immediately any accidents, injuries, and near misses to supervisor/manager
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all FDA, GMP, BRC, EPA, OSHA, and employer standards and guidelines
- Exhibit regular and prompt attendance
- Reports working in a condition to be able to perform all duties
- Practices proper personal hygiene
- Participates actively in training
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives in the quality department. – Recommends solutions to correct deficiencies or improve work and operational practices
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, spreadsheets, document management
- Prolonged periods of standing and sitting
- Working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders
- Working in a variety of conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc.), lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Candidates must have knowledge of basic math and chemistry and basic computer skills
- Willing to work alternating shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (281) 946 4602 or text (281) 223 1562.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.