- Stoney Creek, ON
- Job ID:
RAI Coordinator (RPN)
- Full-time, 4-week contract role, with potential for extension
- Up to $50/hour, commensurate with experience
Since 1984, Responsive Group has been making a difference for seniors by supporting them in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment. Currently operating dozens of LTC and retirement homes across Ontario, they’re assembling a team of dedicated healthcare staff who are committed to the wellbeing of residents and each other.
You can have confidence in the support and leadership at Responsive Group homes. If you have a sudden issue and don’t know what to do, you’ll have a supportive, and non-judgmental team behind you.
Transparency and camaraderie are the cornerstones of Responsive Group’s culture; even though healthcare is a policy-driven environment where rules matter, we still find ways to be ourselves, have fun, and make a difference.
Our Stoney Creek home is focusing extra efforts on our audits and related documentation for our Resident Assessment Instrument-Minimum Data Set (RAI-MDS).
Using your experience with RAI assessment, you’ll help produce valuable insights on our residents and the care they receive, a process which should be completed in about 4 weeks.
We currently have one junior team member working on the project; together, you’ll help our home understand the strengths and areas of improvement for our home, ensuring that we can continue to provide a high standard of care to each and every resident.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Coordinate MDS assessments on all residents within established timelines
- Facilitate audits of RAI assessments for accuracy
- Provide leadership and support to staff in RAI-MDS implementation
- Develop solutions to existing quality improvement barriers
- Identify gaps in training and education
- Introduce processes to improve accuracy of RAI content
- Report findings to the Director of Care
Working with Responsive Group
This is a full-time, 4-week contract position with hours from M-F, 9am to 5pm. You’ll receive a competitive hourly wage, commensurate with your experience.
Working out of Pine Villa Care Centre in Stoney Creek, your work will make a big difference for our residents and our team. If it’s a good fit, there’s potential for a longer-term position as an RPN with our home.
- Member in good standing of competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RPN
- An understanding of how RAI-MDS assessment integrates with clinical tools
- Experience with RAI audits and documentation
- RAI certification would be an asset
- Previous managerial/coaching experience would be an asset
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and vulnerable sector screening
- Recent tuberculosis (TB) test, as well as proof of double-vaccination for Covid-19
- Must be able to provide three supervisory references
Applying with Ian Martin
Ian Martin is an established healthcare, IT and engineering hiring firm with over 60 years’ experience connecting talented candidates with meaningful work. When you apply, you’ll get more than just a chance at a great job—you’ll become part of a vast network of employers that are always changing.
We strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com