Lead Accounting and Payroll Clerk
- Burlington, ON
- Full-time, permanent position
- Great company work culture, committed to collaboration, innovation and providing their clients with clever and comprehensive solutions
We’re Ian Martin Group, and we’ve joined forces with our client an established printing company with locations across the GTA.
Lead Accounting and Payroll Clerk
We are searching the market for a Lead Accounting/Payroll Clerk who consistently demonstrates initiative, a sense of pride in their work and professionalism. This position is ideal for a candidate who has experience working for a small to medium-sized businesses and has a wide range of accounting/payroll skills. Someone looking to build upon those skills, bring forward proven best practices/procedures and is looking to continue to grow in their career.
You’ll be responsible for managing incoming and outgoing bills and invoices. These bills/invoices will include utility payments, product or inventory invoices, employee expense reimbursements and customer invoicing. You’ll also be managing payroll for 40-60 employees, bank reconciliation and reporting for month, quarter, and year-end.
Role & Responsibilities
- Generate, Invoices in Accura (MIS)
- Generate Variance Report for invoices with additional charges
- Import Invoices from Accura into QuickBooks
- Manage and execute payroll through (Employee payroll system) including preparing and remitting all required government filings
- Submit Employee Benefit and LTD Enrolments
- Keep Vendor and Customers up to date in QuickBooks
- Generate Cheques to Vendors
- Bank, petty cash and credit card Reconciliations and Entries
- Month End Recurring Entries
- Payroll Entries
- Foreign Exchange Entries
- Vacation Accruals
- HST Remittances & Federal Tax Instalments payments
- Employee Benefit Allocation & Critical Illness Allocation Entries
- Customer Rebate Program Reporting
- Review receivables for allowances and bad debts
The best in this role will bring more than just strong financial skills and experience. They will be highly motivated and a self-starter with the ability to work independently and with others. They must be detail-oriented, have excellent communication skills, and have a strong sense of duty to the accuracy of their work and financial information.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working Monday to Friday, during core business hours with some flexibility on start/stop time. They offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. You will also receive a comprehensive benefits package, healthcare card and vacation.
- Post-Secondary Diploma or bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience in payroll and accounting (AP/AR/reconciliation)
- Fluent in all Microsoft Outlook/Excel/Word, QuickBooks (Online) and Payworks (Or another recognized ADP system)
- Experience working in a family-owned business is considered an asset
- Must have received both Covid-19 vaccinations and willing to provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment
- Must be open to completing a background check as a condition of employment
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!