Our Client who plays a vital role in Alberta’s Energy Industry by ensuring public safety and the environment – and contributing to responsible, efficient, and safe energy development. Has an immediate need for a Data Architect. This is a contract position for 1 year located in Calgary, Alberta. You will be responsible for delivering data mapping documents, presentation material for approval boards and committees, technical documentation and data models.
What you will be doing…
- Designs, creates, tests and maintains logical and physical data models and database designs to support enterprise information management, including the appropriate documentation.
- Contributes directly with Data Architects, DBAs, Business Subject Mater Experts, Business Analysts, Data Scientists and Solution Architects to analyze requirements, business rules, system performance and processes. This work ensures the quality of new and existing data models is maintained.
- Facilitates work with development team members, such as Extract Transform and Load (ETL), Analytics and Full Stack Developers to ensure that all components of the data model are properly built into the solution. Much of this work includes documenting technical requirements to a level that developers can build the solution.
- Ensures quality by building test cases to ensure that the data models reflect requirements, and that developers have accurately implemented the data model. Mentors developers to correct quality issues in their coding. Works directly with analytics groups to ensure models meet their reporting needs.
What you will need to succeed…
- 5 – 7 years of related experience with a minimum of 5 years of data modelling experience.
- Works collaboratively with others, and has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Full functional knowledge and skills within the area of expertise.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and networks within the client’s business intelligence user community.
- Possesses a strong customer service orientation, sound management and technical skills, integrity and a passion for excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Client requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment with Ian Martin” for this opportunity.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.