Industrial Process and Automation Technician/Controls Specialist
- Langley, BC (relocation assistance available)
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience ($60K-$85K)
- Excellent opportunity with a well-established, stable company with ambitious plans for growth
Who are you?
You are a seasoned Process and Automation Technician/Controls Specialist, experienced in fabrication/construction with a focus on industrial controls.
You’re looking to join a collaborative, diverse, and professional team, and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team experiencing significant growth. If you’re up for a new and exciting challenge, with a company that can offer you stability, professional development, and a chance to have fun while you work, look no further.
Who is the employer?
The Ian Martin Group has partnered with our client, a firm that provides complete process and water solutions for a variety of commercial, industrial, and municipal applications. Their unique offerings include a wide variety of in-house services including engineering & design, fabrication & machining, automation & controls including an in-house panel shop, project management, and a full field service support team for all manufactured and distributed products.
Their Water Solutions group specializes in providing innovative packaged, modular water and wastewater treatment plants for municipal and industrial potable, process and wastewater applications. With ambitious plans for growth across North America, they are busier than ever and now looking for a new Process Automation Technician/Controls Specialist to join their growing team. Could that be you?
What you’ll be doing
As the new Process and Automation Technician/Controls Specialist, you’ll be working in an engineering/fabrication/construction setting, with a focus on industrial controls and hands-on experience in the water and wastewater packages space.
Practically speaking you will:
- Develop the control system design, from conceptual design to field instrumentation
- Develop PLC and SCADA/RTU programs and setup of field devices
- Develop HMI displays and configurations
- Support multiple simultaneous projects at varying stages of completion
- Evaluate control strategies and suitability to common industrial processes with P&ID
- Evaluate I&C documentation – Control Narrative, RATS List, Cause and Effect Tables, Serial Interface Lists
- Design and implement multiple-loop control systems
- Support internal Factory Acceptance Testing prior to equipment shipment to site
- Support field commissioning and operations of complete water and wastewater systems which is largely done remotely
- Field support will require the successful candidate to be willing to travel (will be less than 20% travel)
- Communicate with internal/external key stakeholders (e.g., engineering, fabrication, CAD, consultants, suppliers) to identify and resolve issues pro-actively
- Provide process support and/or oversee various R&D initiatives in order to maintain AWC’s position as a technology leader
- Deliver exceptional service to clients and on-site partners (e.g., General Contractors, end users)
- Provide Remote Technical Support for Clients and Site Operators
The very best in this role will bring more than solid technical experience. They will be excellent communicators and possess strong customer service skills. They will have excellent problem-solving skills and have a strong attention to detail. They will be confident in their abilities, but also not be afraid to admit when they make mistakes and then learn from them.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Langley, BC. In addition to a competitive annual salary between $60K-$85k, you will receive a bonus paid out quarterly. In addition, you will enjoy comprehensive group benefits, an open vacation policy, fitness allowance, opportunities for professional development, and company sponsored monthly social events.
- Post-secondary education in Automation & Instrumentation
- Needs to demonstrate experience in PLC programming and 3+ years’ experience in field service support
- 3+ years’ experience with a variety of PLCs, with Allen Bradley will be required
- Experience and/or working knowledge with HMI’s will be required
- Experience and/or knowledge with SCADA, various VFDs, industrial communications networks will be an asset
- Having experience in water/wastewater treatment plants, as well as a variety of other turnkey industrial process packages will be an asset
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and pride in delivering high quality results
- Interest in continuous learning.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!