Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Retail Settlement Analyst to be primarily responsible for the settlement of the IOL and cross card acceptance function within the overall settlement team. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
In this position you will have daily and monthly reconciliation deadlines that must be adhered to. On a daily basis you will be working closely with the external 3rd party companies, inbound Cash Management to & from the sites, Accounts Receivable and IS support team for the assigned portfolio. On a regular basis, you will be working with various other internal departments for variance analysis, issue resolution, payments and account clearing.
What you will be doing…
- Responsible for the processing of daily cross card acceptance settlement between the client, Retailers, and 3rd party Vendors.
- Act as the primary point of contact for internal and external settlement issues relating to 3rd party cards, managing inbound payments and responding to inquiries from the internal organization on a timely basis.
- Investigate and resolve issues identified on daily reconciliations related to vendor payment variances, payment clearing and unidentified items.
- Reconcile assigned Balance Sheet General Ledger accounts and investigate and clear settlement discrepancies.
- Input journal entries as required.
- Work closely with the Retail Business Unit, IS and other business units to improve and streamline cross card acceptance payment processes. This includes the responsibility for completion of all testing required for various project initiatives.
- Participate in complex settlement projects, preparing accounting flows and documentation from start to completion
- Maintain desktop procedures and accounting flows.
- Ad-hoc duties such as project participation, training and backup support for other coworkers.
What you will need to succeed…
- Business Degree
- Intermediate accounting or technical background
- 2 – 5 years progressive experience in related project or accounting roles
- Advanced Excel and other computer skills with the ability to work within multiple systems and applications
- Exceptional attention to details and experience in business / analysis.
- Strong communication and analytical skills in identifying root cause of an issue and providing appropriate solutions/recommendations.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment dealing with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to learn new systems & processes quickly in order to apply consistent application to multiple scenarios.
- Deadline driven and process oriented while taking personal accountability for results.
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take personal initiative, develop strong working relationships and collaborate effectively as part of a team.
Nice to Haves
- Accounting Designation
- SMS & SAP experience
- Oil and Gas experience
- Banking and credit card settlements experience
- Cash Management experience
- Project work experience
Client requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment with Ian Martin” for this opportunity.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.