Registered Practical Nurse
- Full-time permanent role
- COVID-19 vaccination policy that keeps workers and residents safe
- Chance to work with an established network of retirement homes
If you’re looking to build your nursing career in a stable care environment, this is it.
We at Ian Martin are hiring for our client—a leading operator of retirement homes. They need your help to provide a high standard of care to residents in Ontario.
Join us and make a difference
As part of the RPN care team, you’ll participate in the whole spectrum of care: everything from creating care plans to administration and training.
Beyond your practical skills in nursing, strong communication and emotional IQ will be key to success in this role as you work closely with coworkers, management, residents and their families.
Here’s what you’ll be working on day to day:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualized care to meet resident’s physical and emotional needs; provide resident care as required
- Ensure resident care plan is initiated in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Communicate with relatives regarding the care and condition of respective residents as required
- Participate in discharge planning, consultation, and/or transfer of residents in conjunction with the Health and Wellness Manager
- Encourage active participation by residents in all therapy programs and recreational activities
- Liaise with attending physicians, psychiatrists, consultants, social workers, clergy, relatives, dietary, activity staff, etc.
- Provide first aid to staff when necessary and complete Employee Injury Reports
- Procure and administer medications including injections and narcotics
- Participate in the orientation, on-the-job training and in-servicing of nursing staff as required
This is a full-time, permanent position, working out of our Vineland home.
This is a unionized position with a current rate of pay at $22 as outlined in the collective agreement. In addition, you’ll receive a benefits package after 3-months and 2-weeks’ vacation.
This opportunity is well-suited to junior nurses who are looking to start a career in a stable environment where you’ll be supported, with opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
Stability and safety are two of the main reasons you’ll love working here. As an established care provider with multiple locations across Canada, our client has proven processes and protocols that will keep you and residents healthy, comfortable, and safe.
- Current certificate of competence and registration with the College of Nurses Ontario
- Experience and/or familiarity with best practices and regulations controlling care for seniors, including dispensation of medication, occupational health and safety, etc.
- Familiarity with all relevant regulations (Health Disciplines Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Pharmacy Act, Food and Drugs Act, etc.)
- Ability to provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screening (ready by time of hire)
- Current negative TB test (ready by time of hire)
- Ability to provide two professional references
Applying with Ian Martin
Ian Martin is an established healthcare, IT and engineering hiring firm with over 60 years’ experience connecting talented candidates with meaningful work. When you apply, you’ll get more than just a chance at a great job—you’ll become part of a vast network of employers that is always changing.
We strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.