Performance Improvement Officer
Resume Due Date: Wednesday January 12th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 3 years
Location: 1855 Energy Dr. Bowmanville (DEC)
- Reviewing Corrective Action Plan (CAPs) to confirm the plans meet required standards and actions address identified adverse conditions.
- Assisting in the development of Corrective Action Plans (CAP).
- Recognizing trends, such as cross-functional, in station/divisional performance, which require follow-up action.
- Alerting line management of emerging issues that need to be addressed and recommend actions.
- Reviewing all Station Condition Records (SCRs), including those closed by First Line Managers (FLMs), for correctness of disposition and efficacy of CAP. Notify line management of any changes required and confirm SCR has been correctly dispositioned.
- Assigning SCR trend codes.
- Preparing WANO/INPO/COG Operating Experience (OPEX) reports, with particular emphasis on timeliness, coordination of input and to improve performance indicators
- Evaluating CAP performance and processes
- Facilitating screening meetings, management review meetings (MRMs), and/or Corrective Action Review Boards (CARBs), as required
- Coordinating, performing, or leading self-assessments, and assisting client managers in creating and managing an integrated assessment schedule (e.g. self-assessments, Safety Culture assessments, audits, external reviews, etc).
- Work with line organizations to assist in providing CAP programmatic oversight, including monitoring the status, quality and progress of work as required. Work with facility management contact responsible for the functional area being evaluated to ensure compliance with advice given.
- Assist line managers to improve department/division performance by acting as a mentor for the line organization regarding SCR evaluations, effective utilization of SCRs, and searches. Provide expertise and technical advice as necessary. Act as a CAP Single Point of Contact (SPOC), providing procedural expertise on a one-on-one basis, as required.
- Lead and/or support analysis as required to develop corrective actions through, but not limited to, the following: Root Cause Analysis, Causal Factor Analysis and Apparent Cause Analysis.
- Prepare and make oral and written presentations related to the Corrective Action Program to all stratum levels.
- Facilitate workshops on the CAP and/or Performance Improvement (PI) processes, as the primary instructor. Interact with and frequently coach EO Managers on SCR evaluations to improve and maintain both quality and timeliness.
- Work with and coach EO Managers and SCR Coordinators on coding and trending.
- Prepare new or revise CAP- and/or PI-related controlled documents consistent with operating licenses, policies, principles, department standard practices, standing instructions, etc. Submit for review and approval.
- Prepare reports to provide information and data in answer to internal or external requests or for historical purposes. Initiate studies or investigations where opportunities for improvement are apparent. In some instances, these opportunities may be identified by the Supervisor. Collect, or arrange for collection, and analyze data from past events or operations. Prepare reports, for distribution to various groups, outlining technical details of procedures, processes, results, or conclusions. The foregoing may include delivery of presentations. Provide explanations and answers to questions received from recipients of reports.
- Participate in training programs to further own development and assist in the development of others. Attend lectures, do assignments, and write examinations. Develop training material and give lectures, set and mark examinations, and otherwise assist in training programs.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to the line organizations in the use of CAP- and/or PI-related IT applications. Act as SPOC for IT service providers for CAP- and/or PI-related IT applications.
- Coordinate preparation of performance metrics, ensuring there is factual and objective reporting of performance. Trend and analyze data to identify precursors to problems and to improve plant performance.
- Assess and report on organizational climate within client departments (behaviours, culture, survey results, etc.). Facilitate and/or conduct workshops to assess and identify opportunities to improve and persuade and/or influence to produce desired change.
- Requires knowledge of Operations, Maintenance, and/or Engineering principles and practices, reactor safety, and Performance Improvement principles and the application thereof, to exercise sound technical skills in the evaluation and investigation of issues associated with nuclear generating facilities.
- Requires knowledge of English in order to prepare clear and concise reports and recommendations both verbally and in writing.
- This level of knowledge is normally acquired by successful completion of a 4 year University Degree in an appropriate engineering or similar technical field.
- Requires practical experience in assessment activities including audits, surveillance and investigations, to ensure effective performance-based assessments of nuclear generating facilities.
- Requires working experience to become familiar with the operational aspects of a nuclear generating facility, and to have acquired a good understanding and appreciation of plant system(s) and equipment, operations, administration, maintenance, technical support functional requirements and the importance of same with regards to the safe operation of the facility.
- Requires working experience to be well versed in a variety of analytical methodologies and techniques.
- Requires working experience to become familiar with nuclear facility practices and procedures including, OPG safety standards the organization, the contacts involved and interrelationships thereof.