Our one of the leading electric utility client in North America is looking for a Financial Analyst for a 12 months Contract opportunity with a chance of extension at Toronto, ON
What you will be doing…
- Provides timely and accurate month-end support, including journal entries (e.g. accruals, allocations, etc.) and account reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual schedules and reports, variance analysis on operating expenditures, other income, and other supporting schedules for management and external financial reporting.
- Provides reliable financial information, analysis and operational support related to electricity regulatory filings, tax provision reporting requirements and other internal management reporting requirements.
- Provides support and recommendations in the area of financial policy, liaising as the primary financial contact for assigned business unit(s) and/or supporting business units with core back-office financial responsibilities.
- Implements risk management and internal controls, including assessment and monitoring whether internal controls in place are adequately designed and operating effectively and in compliance with accounting, organizational and regulatory policies.
- Three (3) or more years of progressive financial analysis experience.
- Working towards Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation in Canada – successfully passed the (Common Final Exam) CFE Exam
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field from an accredited University.
- Solid understanding of accounting standards/policy, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) related to fixed assets.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Word.
- Working experience with complex ERP systems (SAP preferred), data analysis and reporting tools; demonstrated ability to work with large volumes of data.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.