Our client, one of the largest financial industry clients in Canada, has an immediate need for a Visual Product Designer. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Toronto, ON.
What are the main responsibilities of the role?
• Visual Designer
What capabilities makes the designer you’re replacing (or current designers on your team) successful?
• To be able to work with all stakeholders to design the best user experience based on Design guidelines and design system.
• To work and collaborate with the larger design team and contribute new patterns and ideas to the team.
What does the future state of success look like for the new designer?
• Both Direct Investing and InvestEase are complex and difficult applications for our clients to understand and navigate. Success will be seen if they are able to help simplify the processes, information architecture and the many forms found within both products.
What are the must have skills (4-5 max)?
• Responsive design
• Proficient in Figma
• Collaborate well with Business, Developers and QA
• Ability to interpret complex data
What are the nice to have skills (3-4 max)?
• Previous FI or brokerage experience
• Understands trading stocks, etfs, etc
What you need to succeed
• BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent experience
• Portfolio that includes web and/or mobile design samples
• Solid knowledge of design tools (Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and presentation software) and principles (typography, grid systems, visual hierarchy, colour, white space, etc.)
• Understanding of responsive design
• Experience in the agile process
Nice to have
• Experience designing outstanding digital products and experiences
• Proven ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
• Knowledge and/or experience in the agile process
What skills would you like to build within your team?
• AODA accessibility skills for all disciplines
What are the hours of work? Please specify break times as well.
9am to 5pm – 37.5 hours a week. As a contractor there are no benefits, or paid vacation time, contractors will need to take 20 unpaid days off a year and do not get paid for statutory holidays.
What program/technology/software knowledge is essential for this role? Describe in what capacity the selected candidate will be using it?
Figma will be used the majority of the time, we also use Mural and Keynote.
Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to collaborate with other designers and cross-functional team members, ability to manage stakeholders and build relationships. Experience in facilitating workshops is a nice to have.
- Client requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment with Ian Martin” for this opportunity.
- The resource can work from home to start but will be required to work onsite in Edmonds at least 2 days per week once covid worksite restrictions lifted
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.