Our client, one of the largest financial industry clients in Canada, has an immediate need for a Interaction Designer. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Toronto, ON (Temporary Remote).
What capabilities makes the designer you’re replacing (or current designers on your team) successful?
- To be able to work with all stakeholders to design the best user experience based on Design guidelines, design system and interaction patterns
- To work and collaborate with the larger design team and contribute new patterns and ideas to the team.
What does the future state of success look like for the new designer?
• Both Direct Investing and InvestEase are complex and difficult applications for our clients to understand and navigate. Success will be seen if they are able to help simplify the processes, information architecture and the many forms found within both products.
What are the must have skills (4-5 max)?
• Responsive design
• Proficient in Figma
• Collaborate well with Business, Developers and QA
• Ability to interpret complex data
What are the nice to have skills (3-4 max)?
• Previous FI or brokerage experience
• Understands trading stocks, etfs, etc
• BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field or equivalent practical experience
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing usable interfaces across multiple channels and platforms
• Experience in an applied research setting including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
• Demonstrated ability to articulate design strategy, rational and logic; describing benefits and highlighting risks associated with design decisions
• Demonstrated expertise with design, prototyping, and research tools such as Sketch and Axure RP, InVision, UserTesting.com
Nice to have
• MA/MS degree or certification in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field
• Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
• Appreciation for the potential of ‘design thinking’
• Experience working within a large organization and within an agile environment
What skills would you like to build within your team?
• AODA accessibility skills for all disciplines
What are the hours of work? Please specify break times as well.
- 9am to 5pm – 37.5 hours a week; As a contractor there are no benefits, or paid vacation time, contractors will need to take 20 unpaid days off a year and do not get paid for statutory holidays.
What program/technology/software knowledge is essential for this role? Describe in what capacity the selected candidate will be using it?
- Figma will be used the majority of the time, we also use Mural and Keynote.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to collaborate with other designers and cross-functional team members, ability to manage stakeholders and build relationships. Experience in facilitating workshops is a nice to have.
- Effective Nov 1st, 2021, all employees and non-employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (2 doses required). Client requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment with Ian Martin for this role
- The resource can work from home to start but will be required to work onsite in Toronto at least 2 days per week once covid worksite restrictions lifted
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.