Our client, one of the largest financial industry clients in Canada, has an immediate need for a Content Designer. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Toronto, ON (Temporary Remote).
What are the main responsibilities of the role?
This person is responsible for helping the team to define and develop the conversations we conduct with clients through our digital products.
To do that requires thinking strategically about the creation and delivery of our content: what we say, how we say it, and where we deliver each piece of that message.
This person will collaborate with colleagues in other disciplines to define the core value of the digital products we design and build.
In addition to collaborating with designers, this person will work with developers, product owners and other stakeholders on the delivery of these experiences to clients.
She/He/They will make sure that every experience – from the overtly promotional to the purely transactional – embodies its core value as our clients move through and engage with it. In short: this person uses content to connect what our digital products can do with what truly matters to our clients.
What capabilities makes the designer you’re replacing (or current designers on your team) successful?
• the ability to create content design strategies to bring meaning and understanding to the experiences we offer through our digital products
• the ability to create the content to support those strategies or to shape and model content from other sources (like financial data, iconography) to that same end
• the ability to build bridges across the different functions and roles of the team, to help our peers, partners and stakeholders to feel a part of our work
• the ability to help define the value we want to bring to our clients and to help the team to focus on it through the products we create
• the ability to work with ambiguity and shifting priorities
• the ability to create a story out the features, functionality and experiences we offer our clients, to recognize opportunities to connect those pieces into a larger narrative across touchpoints
What does the future state of success look like for the new designer?
This person will have earned the confidence of her/his/their Product Owner, Tech Lead and Design peers.
This person will have helped them to organize around a common understanding of their goals for our shared work and how to reach them.
And this person will have found a cadence and rhythm for managing the work across two squads.
What are the must have skills (4-5 max)?
• abstract thinking
• a methodical approach to problem identification and solution
• collaboration & stakeholder management
What are the nice to have skills (3-4 max)?
• design research
• experience with Figma
• experience working with design systems and standardized libraries of assets
• experience using journey maps as a design tool
• facility in French
What skills would you like to build within your team?
• stakeholder management
As a baseline, we expect team members to have:
• high-level craft-specific & executional abilities
• some experience with facilitating group activities and conversations
• capabilities in abstract thinking and ideation
What are the hours of work? Please specify break times as well.
9am to 5pm – 37.5 hours a week. As a contractor there are no benefits, or paid vacation time, contractors will need to take 20 unpaid days off a year and do not get paid for statutory holidays.
What program/technology/software knowledge is essential for this role? Describe in what capacity the selected candidate will be using it?
Figma will be used the majority of the time, we also use Mural, Jira and Confluence.
Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to collaborate with other designers and cross-functional team members, ability to manage stakeholders and build relationships. Experience in facilitating workshops is a nice to have.
- Client requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment with Ian Martin” for this opportunity.
- The resource can work from home to start but will be required to work onsite in Edmonds at least 2 days per week once covid worksite restrictions lifted
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.