Our energy technology client is currently hiring for an Operation Specialist for a 12-month project with a possible extension. Open for remote consultants as well but the preference will be given to candidates local to Schenectady, NY
Job Description Summary:
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible to develop design specifications, create and maturing design concepts, provide procurement support, and generating drawings and design documentation. This position requires an interface with Business PMs and Technical Project Engineers, Sourcing and equipment manufacturers, and interfacing engineering teams with both GEH and its partners.
Demonstrates accountability for cost, schedule, quality, and technical accuracy of assigned tasks. Takes personal responsibility, the understanding impact of design, and associated risk. Considers customer needs and maintains open
communication with interfacing engineers and project stakeholders.
• In this role, the Engineer will develop design specifications, create, and mature design concepts, provide procurement support, and generate other drawings and design documentation as required. The Engineer will operate in a matrixed engineering team to ensure high-quality deliverables in accordance with most custom requirements, business procedures, and regulatory agency guidelines.
• Execute the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assignments related to reactor internal components that meet business standards and program/product requirements
• Performance of fundamental engineering hand calculations and modeling
• Developing design of mechanical components and equipment
• Maintaining focus on assessing causality and risk.
• Preparing and presenting technical data to internal customers
• Lead/facilitate discussion and information exchange to promote open dialogue including working effectively in a matrixed team environment
• Ensuring that product designs meet all intended application and design requirements by working with experts in other functional teams
• Provide technical support through Sourcing for fabricator assessment and interfaces.
• Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business.
• Participate and lead teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
• Proficiency with Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD design or similar tools
• Knowledge of Geometric Design & Tolerancing practices
Experience analyzing, and solving moderately complex design problems
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to write organized
· engineering documents
• Strong interpersonal and proven leadership skills
• Knowledge of the ASME/AWS codes
• Proficiency with ANSYS FEA analysis
• Experience in the BWR or PWR industry
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are a Mechanical Engineer, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.