Our client, a market leading financial institution, has an immediate need for an Senior Research Manager. This is a contract position for three (3) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
Overview of the Role
You are naturally curious, love listening to and meeting new people. You are comfortable with structured and unstructured research. You are an early adopter of new tools and technology. You have the tenacity to jump in and learn new tools quickly. You are a quick and creative problem solver. Storytelling comes easy for you and painting that picture of customers’ experiences.
Under the leadership of the Research Lead, the Senior Research Manager, is fiercely accountable for developing customer experience strategies and supporting tactics that align with the business goals. You will be responsible for managing research programs from start to finish and collaborating with both your team and all the other awesome team members within the client.
What you will need to succeed…
- A sense of humor.
- A love of people.
- A deep and self-sustaining curiosity to understand why people behave a certain way.
- You love breaking the mould and are first to adopt new technologies.
- You work hard, but enjoy playing hard.
- Works independently, but enjoys regular jam sessions to collaborate and learn new things.
- Can lead a research program from start to finish. You will have an excellent technical foundation of quantitative and qualitative research methods and understanding of when/where to apply them.
- Ability to think creatively about the appropriateness and effectiveness of non-traditional research methods.
- You can multitask on several different projects in one day and manage several different types of relationships and have the ability to build relationships with cross functional teams to deliver insights and continuously iterate to improve the customer experience.
- You love to share your knowledge and would be happy to guide less experienced team members on the process of conducting top notch research.
- You come with 8+ years experience in research or a related field or work experience in consulting, banking or psychology.
- University undergrad or higher in social sciences, mathematics, or business, or something equally interesting and relevant.
- Proficiency in any statistical analysis software (e.g., R, Excel, SPSS) and/or User Experience tools (e.g. Userzoom, User Testing, Qualtrics) as well as Google tools and whatever other cool stuff you know about.
Client requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment with Ian Martin” for this opportunity.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.