- Full-time permanent position. Monday-Friday – no weekends or forced overtime.
- Competitive hourly rate ($18.58 starting wage) with regularly scheduled opportunities for performance-based raises and bonuses
- Exceptional health benefits, including for family
- Defined contribution pension plan and employee assistance program
- Company cell phone provided
- Company car provided for work only, which you can park at home
- Work independently outdoors
Wouldn’t it be great to find a company that will give you a chance to prove yourself, and grow a career quickly?
Look no further. OEC Services is hiring and training new Leak Survey Technicians to complete jobs in and around your area. The OEC Services family includes multiple growing companies providing electrical distribution infrastructure, energy and power generation services.
This is an entry-level position at a company that promotes from within, in a growing industry. Once you’ve proven yourself capable in this role, there are many places to go within our company.
In this role, you will:
- Be trained over 3 – 4 weeks on the methods, tech, and tools you’ll use in this job. No experience? No problem!
- Receive assignments and routes to follow each day.
- Use state of the art equipment (including infra-red and flame ionization) and follow checklists to examine buried gas lines, and detect/report buried gas leaks.
- Prepare reports and documentation that based on your work.
From there, your reports will go to the people who repair the leaks, so they can make sure the gas lines stay in good working order.
Who you are is just as important to us as your experience. We are looking for people who are customer-centric, reliable, detail-oriented, and eager to learn and improve.
On top of these characteristics, you must:
- Have experience, or would definitely enjoy, working outdoors in all weather conditions. This is an outdoor job.
- Be physically fit and able to walk frequently (up to 20-25km/day), sit in a vehicle, and lift/carry up to 20 lbs
- Be able to visually distinguish colours
- Have a valid Ontario “G” class driver’s license and be able to produce a clean drivers abstract
- Have a high school diploma
- Be willing to obtain and wear CSA approved steel toe safety boots
- Be willing to undergo and successfully clear a criminal background check
- Willingness to work weekends and overtime is an asset, but not required
- Have general computer knowledge (browser, email, Microsoft Office)
If you want to kickstart a career with a company that compensates generously and takes care of their people, apply right away!
How to Apply
Our online application will ask you to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. We strive to build diverse teams that reflect the community, and encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Please note: OEC require proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access the job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment