Our client who plays a vital role in Alberta’s Energy Industry by ensuring public safety and the environment – and contributing to responsible, efficient, and safe energy development. Has an immediate need for an Application Support Analyst. This is a contract position for thirteen (13) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
What you will be doing…
- Performing analysis, troubleshooting, identifying root cause and resolution of support inquiries
- Creating and maintaining operational support documentation and adding to the team knowledge base
- Technical Administration within ITSM tool using ITIL best practices
- Performing various database related tasks, including SQL database queries and scripts
- Consulting and collaborating with people to identify technical errors and requirements for resolution
- Proactive systems monitoring
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities and willingness to work on implementing them
- Ensuring software being transitioned to the team for support is stable and sustainable by guiding project teams during warranty periods
What you will need to succeed…
- Experienced in programming (5+ years, 10+ preferred)
- Excellent coding and scripting skills (MS SQL, Powershell, Python)
- Experience working with SQL databases and relational database (MS-QL & MYSQL) is expected.
- Experience with continuous integration and related tools such as Git
- Strong writing skills and process documentation skills
- Strong analytical thinking and troubleshooting abilities
- Customer-service oriented, evidenced by a solution-focused, pro-active, self-starter mindset
- Friendly and outgoing with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Able to successfully work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and high pressure environment, with ability to multi-task
- Able to identify problems, creatively think of solutions, and decide on the best course of action regarding the situation.
- Must have experience and understanding of a variety of technologies and software, and the aptitude to expand their knowledge base as required.
- Ability to escalate a problem if and when necessary
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) with previous practical experience in an agile/scrum project environment
- Experience using Jira
- Background or knowledge of oil and gas upstream activities or the regulatory work associated with these activities (industry experience)
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
Client requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment with Ian Martin” for this opportunity.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.