We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: NR Construction Engineering Design Lead
Resume Due Date: February 13th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 11 months, estimated end date November 30, 2019
Location: Refurbishment Project Office (RPO) Darlington
Project Title: Nuclear Refurbishment, Construction Engineering
This temporary assignment is for one (1) position in NR Construction Engineering. The main task is to be a Design Lead during the execution phase of a key Balance of Plant project, the Auxiliary Shutdown Cooling project (ASDC). The duties include Design Engineering support to Construction and facilitate Design related field issue resolution. Provide advice and/or direction, review designs and sign on design documents and Field Initiated Changes. Facilitate a positive outcome with EPC (Engineer Procure and Construct) vendors. Understand impact to cost and schedule and provide support to minimize impact. The job requires excelled leadership and problem solving skills, as well ability to deliver results to in alignment with both strategic and daily plan priorities.
- DE/DTL qualified or previously qualified within OPG or similar Candu Nuclear Power Plant.
- Discipline: Mechanical
- 5 plus years Design experience, preferably in OPG or Nuclear Industry. 10+ preferred.
- Mechanical design experience including solid experience with ASME Section III (nuclear systems) work. Qualification for ASME Section III certification is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Engineering Change Control processes at OPG or Nuclear Industry.
- P.Eng is an asset
- Dynamic leader, excellent problem solver
- Proven ability to deliver results collaboratively in field execution environment, involving complex technical and schedule considerations.