We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Advisor
Resume Due Date: Thursday, February 21st (5:00PM EST) (urgent request, time allotted to source candidates shortened)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 6 months
A Senior Advisor is required to assist in establishing a program that will review and revise outage activities for post-Refurbishment outages such that the total outage duration is reduced from current norms. This will be through a combination of innovative approaches to the scoping, planning and execution of outage work activities. Specifically this person must:
- Assist in defining the initial project scope and major sub-actions and documenting the activities in a project plan
- Assist in identifying the timeline for deliverables
- Assist in scheduling and conducting the initial project kick off meeting, obtaining buy-in from issue owners and identifying and documenting Issue Leads
- In conjunction with Issue Leads, assist with identifying any additional actions and integrating those actions into the overall project plan
- Assist in obtaining commitment of Issue Owners and Leads on project detail and committed schedule dates
- Assist in set up and populating an issue tracking file/database and an assigned-actions database (Action Tracking – Management Actions for assigned actions)
- Assist in establishing routine updates, tracking progress of assigned actions and reporting (e.g. issue tracking meeting schedule and frequency, senior leadership reporting, agendas, metrics)
- Assist in establishing an electronic stored-file repository (to allow ready access for relevant documents such as white papers, rationale documents and a coordinating index for project-related Controlled Documents)
- Assist in identifying Phase 2 Issue Owners
- Assist the assigned Outage Template Issue Lead with development of an outage template which supports the Outage Innovation Project
- Assist in identifying project risks and proposed actions to mitigate risk
- The individual should have been previously licensed as an Authorized Nuclear Operator (ANO), Control Room Shift Supervisor (CRSS) or Shift Manager (SM) at a Nuclear Generating Station.
- The Individual should have previous experience in Nuclear Power Plant planned outage execution and an understanding of the outage scoping process, outage planning process and the operational constraints associated with planned outage execution.
- The individual should have previous experience in identifying and implementing innovations aimed at gaining efficiency in outage execution or reducing outage duration. The OPG 40 day outage innovation project or the Bruce Power 30 day/30 month outage innovation project are examples.
- The individual should be familiar with process or work-face execution improvements implemented at Darlington Refurbishment