We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Contract – Technical Staff
Resume Due Date: Tuesday, February 26th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Duration: 2 years
Location: Pickering NGS
- Provide technical advice and guidance on a variety of technical matters within designated area of responsibility for Pickering Nuclear Generating Station (PNGS) re-licensing and life extension to the end of 2024.
- Plan, organize, and provide support for Condition Assessment, Scoping and Screening, Equipment Reliability, Periodic Safety Review, Integrated Implementation Plan, and Feasibility Study.
- Assist Supervisor in the administration of work projects, and coach junior staff on processes. Support project management activities and prepare investments justification.
- Requirements include a knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, metallurgy, thermodynamics, strength of material, electricity, engineering, and nuclear. This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a four year university education in an appropriate field of engineering or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Experience in Pickering Nuclear Generating Station (PNGS) re-licensing and life extension project, and Periodic Safety Review (PSR) in support of license renewal and continued commercial operations of PNGS is required.
- Familiarity with the departmental/Station procedures, policies, contracts involved, interrelationships between organizations and various administrative aspects of the position to facilitate the work function is strongly preferred.
- Experience in Station Engineering and Work Management at Pickering Nuclear Generating Station, Aging Management (AM) Process in accordance with Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) Regulations, and Project Management is preferred.
- A knowledge of the internal and external contacts associated with departmental work activities, and with established documentation/presentation requirements is strongly preferred.
- A desire to become qualified and recognized as a technical expert in a specific segment of the discipline and as a generalist in other segments to skillfully provide technical advice, guidance, consultation and services to clients in nuclear generating facilities and related support functions