We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Technical Engineer/Officer
Resume Due Date: Monday, March 11th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 24 months
Location: 1340 Pickering Pkwy, Pickering ON
- This candidate will be working in Safe Storage Projects department in a project management and/or Modification Teal Leader (MTL) capacity. The candidate will be assigned to work on one of the Safe Storage bundles working on electrical, water systems or building heating projects, managing the project in the areas of cost (budgeting & forecasting), schedule quality and scope control, and modification planning.
- This PM/MTL will provide oversight, monitoring, review and reporting of work required to implement the scope of their assigned project. This will be per project reporting metrics.
- PM/MTL is accountable for timely identification and/or monitoring of project risks, issues, scope changes (additions and deviations), and budget and schedule variances (Cost and schedule performance). This includes the development and implementation of mitigating or recovery plans, and escalation when required.
- PM/MTL must fulfill role as prescribed in Project Management governance and Engineering Change Control procedures.
- This position requires sound knowledge of engineering principles and processes associated with nuclear generation facilities as well as business and project management.
- This would normally be acquired through obtaining a 4-year university degree in a relevant field and over 10 years of experience in the construction, modification and maintenance of a nuclear generating station and in the management of projects in these areas.
- Knowledge and experience in project management principles and practices, having led project(s).
- Knowledge and experience in the design/modification business of nuclear generation, as to be conversant with the complexities of the technical organizational and business relationships within a generating station.
Must have demonstrated:
- Excellent oral and written English skills to communicate effectively.
- Leadership skills and ability to influence to facilitate and advance the goals of the project.
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable parts, and to develop alternative solutions as recommendations.
- The ability to prioritize conflicting requirements to achieve results in a complex and evolving business environment.