We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Subject Matter Expert for Operations
Resume Due Date: Thursday, March 21st (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: approximately 6 months, proposed end date September 30, 2019
A contractor position is required for Pickering Operations to support IOP, Procedures and Outage work groups. Support is required for the IOP/Outage Plan, discovery work and to reduce backlog.
The following is a summary of the general accountabilities that contractor will be required to perform. The expected duration for this position is up to one year.
- Contractor will be required to attend meetings and make decisions based on his experience.
- Contractor will be required to support HIT and SIR teams as required for Operations.
- Work with Reactor Safety to perform reviews.
- Attend Reactivity Management Meetings to develop a forward looking Reactivity Management plan to ensure fueling and maintenance activities are scheduled appropriately.
- Will be required to review schedule and provide input.
- Act as a liaison between the shift crews.
- Prioritizing and aligning workload and supporting the Integrated Operations Plan.
- Determine scope and prioritize outage work to be performed.
- Approve the overall logic for safe and efficient execution of outage work.
- Establish appropriate schedules for outage work.
- Review and mark-up procedures as required.
- Ensure that outage plans and logics are in accordance with Power Reactor Operating Licence and Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Review station performance, logs and SCR’s to assess opportunities for learning.
This position requires extensive knowledge of Pickering 1-4 Operations, former licensed staff is required to fill this position.
- Requires former license in Nuclear Facility