We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Business Analyst
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: Vacancy #2 – 5 months, required in June 2019 until October 2019
Location: Darlington and Toronto, travel between sites.
Project Title: N/A
- Provide business and financial advice to FLMs and Department Manager within the accountabilities of the Department.
- Carry out analysis related to the development, implementation, guidance and direction in the specified areas of business financial management; business planning; budgeting; cost reporting; financial and accounting processes, procedures and systems; accounting services; internal control and financial audits; benchmarking, including regulatory reporting; variance explanations and year end projections.
- Provide regular reports on business performance measures including analysis of actual results or targets and measures in place. Develop and keep updated a database of the measures and provide regular reports to FLMs and Department Manager.
- Carry out requirements related to the application and support of financial/accounting policies and practices.
- Maintain functional relationships with the Business and Finance areas within the Station.
- Provides advice and guidance on Departmental Business Case Summaries.
- Support integrity and timeliness of financial and performance information to meet reporting and management requirements.
- Investigates and resolves problems in the Department financial and performance areas
- Collaborates with stakeholders internal to the Business Unit.
- Support business and financial and related systems skill training within the Department.
- Assist Department Manager in analyzing work processes with a view to improving them to make them more efficient and effective.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires varying skills sets to accommodate each function; however should encompass academic subjects of financial accounting practices, principles, and concepts; management accounting and control; audit, financial management including planning, budgeting and performance reporting, decision support systems, business economics, business policy, process benchmarking, information systems and relevant computer skills.
- Requires good interpersonal skills and knowledge of communication techniques.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (Grade XII plus 5 years), or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Requires practical application in the field of financial management and in the operation of business processes and systems including associated computer systems. Demonstrated experience in one or two of the following areas: accounting services, financial systems, internal control, planning and budgeting, performance reporting or benchmarking. Requires knowledge of financial and operational performance reporting principles and processes at a level to be able to contribute to the production of information and interpretations of results. Requires good verbal and written communication skills. Requires demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
A period of over 4 years and up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience