We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Financial Analyst
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 months, required immediately until May 2020
Location: Darlington and Toronto, travel between sites.
Project Title: N/A
- Assists in the development of strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines through research, analysis and input from stakeholders in the area of general accounting practices.
- Maintains a professional awareness in relation to current accounting practice, GAAP and general business environment, the utility industry and be able to communicate impacts and implications throughout the business.
- Conducts investigations into specialized accounting areas or needs and prepare procedures to account for such issues that balance all stakeholder needs.
- Reviews accounting practices and provides a due diligence assessment as to the accuracy, consistency and appropriateness of analysis and conclusions being reached.
- Provides management reports utilizing financial systems and other inputs and assists clients in interpretation of financial and operational results.
- Ensures the integrity of the decision support process through support for the preparation and review of business case summaries.
- Participates in the development and implementation of financial information systems and procedures.
- Maintains and supports in-service financial systems within assigned area of responsibility.
- Analyzes system operating and maintenance costs, and recommends changes to improve efficiency.
- Gives advice, guidance and assistance to systems users on issues related to the scope of management system development, operation, and maintenance.
- This position requires a knowledge of business related disciplines such as: finance, business administration, computer science or accounting to research, analyze and provide input from stakeholders in the area of general accounting practices to assist in the development of strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Requires knowledge of financial management systems to participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of financial systems.
- Requires progression towards the achievement of, a professional accounting designation (ie, CA, CGA, CMA).
- Requires knowledge of effective oral and written communication skills to prepare effective documentation to prepare financial procedures.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (Grade XII plus 5 years).
- Requires experience working in a financial or accounting environment in a comparable organization to become familiar in financial analysis, controllership and financial systems.
- Requires business experience with accounting policies, procedures, strategies, guidelines, decision making process and structures to understand business unit plans to assist in the development of financial strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Requires experience with financial management systems to gain an in-depth and wide-ranging knowledge to participate in the development and implementation of financial information systems.
- A period of over 4 years and up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.