We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Technical Engineer/Officer
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, May 22nd (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 4
Duration: 2 years
Location: 889 Brock Road, Pickering ON
This Job Description/Posting is applicable to candidates whose subject matter expertise is in one of the two primary nuclear safety analysis disciplines (Thermal-hydraulics or Reactor Physics). Expertise in both disciplines will be considered a strong asset.
- This position is accountable for executing thermal-hydraulics analysis and/or reactor physics analysis, and operational support assessments for nuclear power plant to ensure safe operation.
- Perform nuclear safety analysis, including participation in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Prepare nuclear safety analysis work plans, reports, and other technical documentation in accordance with relevant OPG governance, CSA standards and codes, and CNSC regulatory documents.
- Provide expert advice regarding the Safety Report, and other nuclear safety analysis.
- Provide expert support to station staff in interpreting the Safe Operating Envelope and in evaluating Technical Operability issues and in resolving Discovery Issues.
- Procure and manage nuclear safety analysis services on behalf of OPG Nuclear. Support the Smart Buyer Office function within the Nuclear Safety Division.
- Prepare presentations and submissions to the CNSC on matters related to nuclear safety analysis.
- Provide technical direction regarding nuclear safety analysis computer code development, maintenance, and qualification.
- Provide support and technical direction to OPG Nuclear R&D projects; interact with peers at other utilities via joint R&D projects supported through the Candu Owners Group.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Requires a four-year degree in Engineering or Science at a recognized university or equivalent level of education. A period of up to 8 years experience in nuclear safety analysis is considered necessary.
- Requires documented training and qualifications in Nuclear Safety Analysis for Thermal-hydraulics and/or Reactor Physics disciplines.
- Licensed with Professional Engineers Ontario or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in managing regulatory and licensing issues within nuclear safety context.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives. Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results consistent with the requirements for nuclear safety, quality, and timeliness.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivated.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert user knowledge of safety analysis codes in executing Nuclear Safety Analysis for Thermal-hydraulics and/or Reactor Physics disciplines, including but not limited to: TUF, RFSP, WIMS, RRS_Em, PhysicsShell, and SIMBRASS.
- Strong technical skills, particularly in areas directly related to nuclear safety analysis, and in management of technical projects.
- Strong technical problem solving skills; ability to develop innovative and creative solutions.
- Excellent comprehension, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate and influence the work of others external to the Department.
- Good understanding of nuclear station systems and operations including interactions between the various processes and safety systems.
- Good understanding of CSA standards and codes, and CNSC regulatory documents related to nuclear safety analysis.
- Knowledge of the Safety Report and overall nuclear station accident analysis.