We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Risk Specialist
Resume Due Date: Thursday, June 20th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 months
Location: Darlington Energy Complex (DEC), 1855 Energy Drive, Courtice ON
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and independently execute on day-to-day tasks in order to achieve desired results.
- Develop and plan work actions and tasks to align with manager, department, and organizational objectives.
- Conduct major risk assessments by successfully obtaining information, input, and opinions from various stakeholders and document with proper risk description characterization and mitigation action and status updates.
- Provide project teams with risk assessment, risk measurement methodologies, qualitative risk lists/databases for major projects and provide risk register establishment expertise.
- Facilitate productive discussion and action where there are diverse and at time conflicting opinions; this requires a high degree of tact and diplomacy to resolve.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and monitoring of work assignments for external consultants on major risk management projects.
- Support the delivery of consulting engagements, including interviewing stakeholders, researching benchmark data, coordinating responses, analyzing response data, documenting results, reporting recommendations and delivering results to stakeholders.
- Monitor and maintain the risk assessment database, ensuring information is accurate and up to date, in accordance with input from business units.
- 4 year University Degree in Engineering, Business or related field.
- PMP Certification or training or RMP, or similar.
- Knowledge of Project Management principles.
- 8+ years of risk assessment, project engineering and/or project management experience.
- Experience with full cycle project management of complex projects involving diverse stakeholders and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Works collaboratively with the teams, ensuring efficiencies on all programs while promoting positive relationships within and across groups and builds commitment to reach desired results.
- Ability to interpret and apply provincial and related legislation, regulations, polices and programs.
- Strong analytical skills in cost and scheduling with the ability to understand its implication in mitigation action evaluation and contingency development;
- Effectively communicate findings, conceptual ideas and design rationale both in writing and verbally.
- Strong planning capability and experience with reporting using Microsoft office tools.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time working within a team environment or independently
- Ability to stay focused on goals and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Nuclear experience is an asset.