We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Advisor, Licensing
Resume Due Date: Tuesday, July 16th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 18 months
Location: Engineering Services Building, Pickering Generating Station
- Support Pickering Regulatory Affairs Department in driving strategic regulatory initiatives such as Vacuum Building Inspection, Safe Storage Project interface with CNSC, Pickering Site Strategic Plan.
- Provide advice to Department Manager and Section Manager on various regulatory issues.
- Act as single point of contact for regulatory issues and drive items to resolution by negotiating with line organization and regulatory body.
- Provide mentorship to new staff.
- Requires a knowledge of the engineering principles and application of mechanical, metallurgical, electrical and electronic theory, and regulatory codes and standards to permit understanding of the relationships between technical requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Requires knowledge of English, both oral and written, in order to prepare clear and concise technical reports and communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Requires experience to be knowledgeable of regulatory codes and standards, and with their application to the design, construction, and operation of a nuclear generating plant.
- Requires experience to be familiar with different reactor designs and to understand the federal and provincial regulatory requirements, policies and processes pertaining to the design, construction, operation and refurbishment of nuclear generating stations.
- Requires experience to interpret regulatory standards and requirements to identify issues related to licensing in Canada and to ensure effective implementation of regulatory requirements within the Company.
- Requires experience to understand the operating policies and principles of OPG, Nuclear, and to be generally knowledgeable of the interrelationships with the departments of the Division and with the organization and operation of associated client groups.
- Minimum 5 years experience directly in Regulatory Affairs.