310T Coach Mechanic
- Milton, Ontario
- Permanent, Day Shift, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- $34 to $39 per hour depending on experience
- Stable Work Environment, Opportunity for Advancement to Leadership Positions
- Overtime Available, Tool & Boot Allowance, 100% Company Paid Benefits
- Relocation Assistance Available
Are you at the point in your career that you are looking for a new challenge? Do you like complex repairs that require creative thinking and collaboration? Well we have the best job for you!
Ian Martin Workforce is working with the leading bus repair and refurbishment specialists in Canada. They have been in business for over 45 years using some of the most specialized equipment in the industry. They have a 60-bay, over 100,00 square foot facility with custom built paint down-draft spray booths and paint prep stalls.
As our new 310T Mechanic, you will be challenge in performing repairs to bus and coaches that have sustained significant damage including electrical systems and wiring. It will be your job to assess the damage, determine a plan of action, and go for it. You can expect that some repairs will take months to complete.
Your tasks will include:
- Determine extent of repair and supplies required for burnt out coaches with electrical damage as well as other collision damage
- Work with other departments to complete the repairs and get the vehicle prepared to return to the customer
- Mentor and direct employees that are assisting with the repairs
- Comfortable working in small spaces, and sometimes at the same time with lots of people
- During downtime, performing maintenance on shop equipment
- Certification of Qualification as a Journeyman 310T Mechanic with minimum of 5 years of practical experience with knowledge of heavy duty vehicles (trucks and buses)
- Experience working with electrical systems
- Knowledge of Fleet Maintenance best practices
- Experience completing MTO inspections and documenting deficiencies
- Experience in electrical and electronics, reading schematics and understanding hybrid systems
- Knowledge of relevant Government Legislation, Government Health and Safety Acts and Standards
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, excellent vision and manual dexterity
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.
Working with Ian Martin Group to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, but with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. We work with companies that take a lot of pride in what they do – just like us. We will support you through the interview process as well as your first couple of months on the job. We are here for you as much as we are for the companies we work with.