310T Truck Mechanic (Mississaga)
- Mississauga, Ontario (Hwy 410 & Derry Road)
- Certification of Qualification or Red Seal required
- Permanent, Rotating or Straight Afternoons
- $35 to $40 per hour, OT after 44 hours, Afternoon Shift Premium
- Company Paid Benefits including Life Insurance, Annual Footwear Allowance
- Uniforms, Tool Insurance and PPE supplied
Are you looking to work in a team-oriented environment where you can make a contribution that will be recognized? Do you feel you can be a resource to those around you and help mentor the next generation of technicians?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a client that takes a personal approach to management and is very family-oriented. They are focused on Preventative Maintenance of Tractors and Trailers; they do not rebuild engines or transmissions. It is a split between maintaining their own fleet consisting of Tractors, Tankers, some Flatbed and Vans; and their customers, which would include Tractors, Dry Vans and Box Trucks.
As our new Journeyman Mechanic, you will take pride in the work you do and will take the extra time to do it right the first time. You’re a friendly, positive person that is supportive to those around you, you lend hand, and even willing to help when it’s not your job. You like to teach the tricks of the trade and are to go-to person in the shop when someone has a question. You are ready to hit the ground running from Day 1.
You will be:
- Maintain regular communication and follow up with management and customers
- Organizing and distribute work details to technicians, recommending equipment and parts
- Ensuring that the schedule is being followed
- Adherence to safety standards and having accurate record keeping skills are essential
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and perform service and repairs on heavy trucks and trailers
- Completing work orders
- Teaching and mentoring Apprentices at different levels by ensuring that they are properly trained on service and repairs
- Certification of Qualification Journeyman 310T Truck and Coach Technician
- Ideally at least 3 years of in-shop experience as a Journeyman
- Excellent at troubleshooting and understanding of Diagnostic programs
- Understanding on Electrical systems
- Proficient in English both reading and writing
- Able to execute scheduled as planed, strong time management skills
- Able to comply with Health & Safety and always maintain a safe work environment
- Supportive and respectful of others; ability to coach and mentor Apprentices
- Flexible to work Rotating Shifts (Monday to Friday, 2 weeks on Days and 2 weeks on Afternoons, or Straight Afternoons, 8-hr shifts)
Are you interested in seeing if this is for you? Please apply or call us today!
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. You can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861.