Our Public sector client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire two (2) DevOps Specialist for a – month contract with option to extend for another 12 months.
As a DevOps Specialist x 2, is responsible to work with a team on constructing solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to solve complex business solutions. Candidate should have a holistic view of enterprise solutions, taking into consideration operational costs, security, performance engineering, application development, and systems management.
- Candidate for this position must be capable of playing different roles within the team, from head architect to high-skilled developer and technical leader to specialist and technical mentor.
- The candidate must have a sound understanding of API, enterprise integration patterns, technology architecture and infrastructure but also very good communication skills, with the ability to adapted them to different audiences.
- Java, Angular 2, Spring, Microservices, Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience using backend technologies such as Java, Spring MVC, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL and Linux.
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms and computer science fundamentals.
- Ability to build the solution construct in Cloud environment and assist with any migration elements
- Excellent skills in NodeJS, AngularJS (Angular 2 preferred)
- Experience and understanding of CI/CD, automated testing using opensource modern frameworks like Selenium, Jenkins etc.
- Strong Web development experience
- Strong Object Oriented experience and knowledge
- Strong understanding of networking, security and infrastructure
- Knowledge of WebSphere and Oracle Portal in order to transition to new technology stack
- Identify and define client requirements for the purpose of building a suitable solution to meet the business needs; prepare proposals for small to medium size projects or draft components of large proposals, demonstrating the added value to be gained from approval and implementation of the proposed project.
- Analyze user needs using structured systems analysis techniques, working closely with client representatives to develop system specifications indicating clearly what the system is required to do; evaluate alternative system solutions available and recommend proposed approach.
- Design, build and test the system, customizing it as required to meet user requirements, including translating system design into program design specifications and developing program specifications to resolve programming problems. Define, analyze and resolve technical issues and develop program specifications.
- Prepare programs for installation and install system, including completion of related documentation; provide installation support (on-site/on-call as required). Conduct post implementation reviews and provide technical support and problem resolution as required.
- Function as a team representative on multi-branch projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”