We have an immediate opening for a Data Center/Systems Administrator on a 12 month assignment extension beyond, in Folsom, CA, USA.
- HW/Server landing (rack, wire, configure) within our FM2 lab
- Installing and configuring Linux on the servers using our OS and configuration tools (cobbler and ansible)
- Linux Administration and troubleshooting (CentOS and Ubuntu)
- Asset management and maintenance (GLPI)
- Use the JIRA ticket system for incidents and service requests from our internal customer groups
- Communicate in slack, email, IM, JIRA, and phone with our internal customer groups for tickets
- Could be responsible for performing OS upgrades/reinstalls on servers and would need to coordinate with users/owners of the respective servers
- Comfortable reviewing and modifying BIOS, RAID, and BMC/IPMI settings
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance activities like drive failure identification and replacement
- Linux administration skills will be required
- Experience with the following would be helpful (in order of priority)
- Asset management (GLPI)
- Work independently
- Racking servers
- Cabling (organized/neat) – power, network, etc.
- Building servers via network (OS provisioning)
- Configuring servers using automation (ansible)
- IPMI/BMC configuration
- HW maintenance
- Troubleshoot, root cause, & resolve
- Monitor and proactively resolve issues
- OS troubleshooting & updates
- Decommissioning servers
- Asset Mgmt – ensure assets are properly maintained in asset DB system
Top 5 Essential Skills:
- Work independently, stay focused, and achieve results quickly
- Linux administration (CentOS & Ubuntu)
- Server administration (HW experience)
- Communication skills (working with team members and internal customers)
- Detail oriented and able to follow process/instructions
- BS Degree or higher level of education
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.