Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Data Center/Systems Administrator on a 06 months long assignment extension beyond, in Chandler, AZ, USA.
- Lead Technical efforts for software upgrade, patch updates, data migration, for server software.
- Apply configuration and tuning standards in accordance with Microsoft and Linux recommendations and client’s requirements.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for server/software configuration and customizations.
- Conduct system performance analysis and performance improvements in collaboration with Architects, Engineers and Network Engineer to insure system efficiency.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 Level support.
- Strong knowledge of – Virtualization Technology including – VMWare ESX(i), Citrix Administration Skills and NetScaler.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with Windows and Linux (UNIX) server administration including Active Directory, Domain Name Services and DHCP.Expertise in administration of IIS (Internet Information Server) and Apache Web Servers including installation, configuration, monitoring, upgrade and Web Application installation.
- Knowledge of computer diagnostics and installation, to include hardware/software troubleshooting and networking.
- Demonstrated experience working with infrastructure related components such as running network cables, installing servers in equipment racks Familiarity with the operation and configuration of networking protocols, network interface card installation, switches , routers and similar components.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and offer effective solutions under tight deadlines Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis skills Ability to work after hours support on a rotating schedule.
- Must be capable of Liftings 1U and 2U rack mounted servers up to 40 pounds and familiar with the use of Rack Jacks and general data center safety procedures Follow written and/or – Verbal instructions for custom operating system and application installs Maintaining and auditing Iab assets and routine inventory control.
- Self Starter who can work with ambiguity
- Technically proficient not only with IT compute/storage systems, but also DC facilities
- Project management skills
- MCSE/Linux/Storage/VM Ware certifications (not all, but at least two of the 4 listed)
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.