We have an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer Level I on a 6+ month assignment extension beyond, in Hillsboro, OR, USA.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
- The position will be working on PCB design, schematics capture tools, component bill of materials support for Wireless technology products (WiFi, BT, LTE, GPS, etc.).
- The primary role will be to assist in the development of CAD and schematic models for new designs. The CW will be working with component specifications to defined CAD symbols for these parts in logic and physical forms. They will also work with tools to optimize performance of this practice to improve time of generation of this symbol. The will work closely with design centers in US, Asia and Europe up on design models. Our CAD tool is Cadence/Allegro, and training would be provided to meet the job expectations. They would be using the CAD tool and component data sheet to verify the symbols adhere to the design rules and follow the standardized format. A formal checklist is used during the symbol review process. The engineer also documents any changes made to the symbol design process by working with hardware and manufacturing engineers and implementing these changes. The will also be writing process documentation for these practices as well us software scripts, VBA and excel macros to automate functions of the role. The will be working with manufacturing engineers to improve product yields on PCB symbols designs.
- Other duties may include supporting mechanical testing and general lab organization/maintenance.
- Cadence Allegro experience
- CAD PCB experience
- Electrical engineering background
- Schematic experience
- Minimum Education: BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Some Internship or industry experience with CAD design tools and software writing (VBA, Skill)
- Experience working with AutoCAD, or other CAD software
- MS Excel, MS Outlook- (must list these skills on resumes- we do not assume anything)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to handle large quantities (at times) of data and requests
- Willingness to communicate with an international team
- Resourceful in finding information that may not be readily available
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.