Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Graphics Debug Technician on 03-month assignment extensions beyond, in Folsom, CA. USA.
In this position, you will be responsible for setting up equipment for SW validation, executing validation test plans, replicating reported bugs of Client Graphics drivers.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
-Technically competent in loading and testing drivers and UI
-Independent and able to debug issues.
-Strong written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills
-Dependable – get the work/tests done
-Positive can do attitude and willing to do what it takes to meet the project goals.
-Computer HW and setup
-Jira defect tracking
-Able to access file shares to load and test daily/weekly SW builds
-Capable of executing manual test plans and logging results/bugs
-Follow instructions to replicate graphics driver defects on Windows platforms, including building PCs, install driver, and other applications
-Building and installing drivers from source code database
-Working directly with software debug engineers and program managers
-Building and configuring PC hardware, SW and OS loads
– Creating Ghost* images, installing Client and third party software
– Helping determine overall health and release readiness for the Graphics drivers
– Providing feedback and quick information turns on resolved defects, Iatest test status, engineering builds and supporting impromptu request for additional ad-hoc testing as needed
– A solid working knowledge of modern PC architecture: CPU, chipset, memory
– Capability of building PCs from scratch
– Experience in installing and configuring modern PC BIOS's and Windows* operating systems for example, MCE* and XP*
– Variety of common peripherals for example, memory, Peripheral Component Interconnect PCI cards and USB devices, and multimedia software and/or hardware
-MS office: word, excel etc
-Experience with Microsoft* SDK's*, PC benchmarks, and diagnostic utilities
-Minimum Education: AS Degree in Computers or related field of study.
DVD Playback and/or D3D game testing/development experience is added advantage
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.