Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Power and Performance Technician on 04-month assignment extensions beyond, in Santa Clara, CA. USA.
Skill sets required, not limited to the following:
- Microsoft Office suite (outlook, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- The candidate should have at least 3+ years of "hands on" experience tearing down devices specifically in power & performance instrumentation, measurement, analysis, and CPU/GPU performance benchmarking.
- Experienced with measuring power, voltage, current on devices; ability to troubleshoot data collection issues, and hardware installation issues
- Experienced working in iOS, Android and Windows environments (installing software, running benchmarks, rooting devices)
- Understanding of PC platform architecture (CPU, GPU, SoC, memory, chipset, I/Os, etc.)
- Ability to measure & understand power, voltage, frequency characteristics of target platform (familiarity with Signal Express software a plus)
- Strong motivation to achieve excellent results is expected and experience working in a productive fast-paced, multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to collect and interpret data with working knowledge of computer architecture on platform and component level.
- Good working knowledge of CPU/SoC and platform components such as power delivery, displays, sensors, memory, storage, etc.
- Minimum Education: AS degree plus training in electronics (Bachelor’s degree ideal)
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.