Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Accountant with Capital Markets for a 6+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As an Accountant with Capital Markets, the candidate is responsible for the integrity and timeliness of the Capital Markets business units’ financial reporting. In this role the resource will report to the senior manager within the accounting center of excellence (“COE”). This resource is supporting Trading Accounting and will carry out daily accounting tasks as well as the monthly book close. A large focus will be on supporting month end functions.
- Accounting and Controls – The resource will produce accurate, complete, and timely inputs to the various reporting groups.
- Provide accounts attestation and ensure all balance sheet accounts are substantiated. Inspire adherence to timing in Service Level Agreements and support the investigation and analysis of different methodologies by liaising with the Front Office, the CFO group, Accounting Policy, Reporting COE, Reconciliations COE and Operations.
- Relationship management – The resource must have good communication, teamwork, partnership and relationship building skills sufficient to act in a collaborative manner with team members and stakeholders from different backgrounds and experiences.
- They will liaise daily with Finance, Front Office and other Capital Markets’ stakeholder groups.
- Agility – The resource must support agile accounting processes and controls to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Ensure changes in accounting policies/requirements are implemented in a controlled manner.
- Maintain adequate end to end process maps and detailed task manuals in accordance with best practices, regulatory requirements, SOX, and Internal Controls Experience – in Capital Markets accounting, in order to support the oversight and governance functions. This includes enhancement of financial controls across multiple groups. The resource must have strong knowledge of IFRS and Financial Reporting requirements for Financial Instruments. The resource must understand interest rate products, customized bonds, money market, cross currencies, forwards, options, and other vanilla and non-standard derivative transactions.
- Review month end accounting entries and supporting schedules according to accounting/control procedures to adhere to regulatory guidelines.
- Review daily controls and reconciliation of systems to GL to ensure accuracy.
- Meet and/or exceed all documented Service Level Agreements with business partners to ensure Service Excellence is achieved.
- Resolve any month-end issues related to the general ledger to ensure correct reporting.
• CPA/CFA or working towards CPA/CFA
• Financial industry experience
• Good understanding of CM financial instruments • Knowledge of operational and control procedures of financial systems • 3-5 years of experience (not suited for a more senior resource)
• Experience with month end close process • Experience in a similar role in a larger matrix organization • Public accounting firms experience.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”