Are you a detail-oriented accounting professional who’s looking forward to an assignment with a large corporation? Then you’d love to chat with us about your next rewarding and challenging assignment.
Our Oil & Gas client is looking for an Accounting Analyst III for Houston, Texas on contract assignment.
- Coordinate in their assigned areas, the development of forecasts, budgets and long-range plan presentations for senior management
- Review and analyze key financial metrics including Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) AND Distributable Cash Flow (DCF) for the consolidated GTM business unit o
- Collaborate with GTM FP&A groups in driving a disciplined analysis of financial results and prepare reports with actuals to budget variances for presentation to senior management.
- Support other ad-hoc enquiries as needed; develop and maintain expertise at understanding the complex principal business drivers within the GTM business unit and Centralized Services. This will require the development of strong, cooperative working relationships
- Collaborate with DCP Midstream personnel regarding Budget, Forecast and Long-Range Plan and develop an in depth understanding of DCP operations and financial statements.
- Demonstrate a high degree of competency in various analytical tools including Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, Index, Match, VLOOKUP, Logical functions, etc.), Hyperion Planning and Essbase systems and recommend enhancements to the systems.
- Comprehensively analyze and interpret projected results and ensure trends are substantiated and grounded in principle in order to provide senior management with an understanding of issues to allow them to take appropriate action where required.
- Identify process improvement opportunities within the FP&A group and propose solutions.
- Accounting background is beneficial – help to resolve accounting issues
- General understanding of the business – Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Financial Management – where they report actuals from
- CPA not required – but preferred
- Accounting Degree or finance Degree is preference
- Looking for anywhere between 7 – 10 years of experience
- Mainly use Hyperion