Our market leading integrated energy company has an immediate need for an Accounting Technician to join their team in Calgary. This is a twelve (12) month contract opportunity.
- Process daily reconciliation of the credit card transactional data between sites, our client and their credit card partners
- Assist in reconciliation and management of the client’s Loyalty programs between our sites and external business partners.
- Accountable to ensure settlement from the partners is received, matched and balanced daily.
- Matching of all tender types transactional data with bank systems, partners & the Retail & Travel Centre sites
- Process daily reconciliation of the scrip earned & redeemed files
- Assist with monthly Network reconciliation and entries as required
- Reconcile customer clearing accounts and clear settlement discrepancies
- Enter data into spreadsheets for uploads and statistical reporting
- Post adjustments to customer clearing accounts as part of the reconciliation and matching process.
- Journal and 314 entries as required
- Prepare documents for scanning
- Ultramar balancing, posting and payment processing
- Research problems, answer inquiries, and follow up on outstanding issues with various departments
- Assist with the VISA Bank Reconciliation completed by team mate
- Participate in projects and testing
- Provide coverage for team mates during vacations
- Maintain desk top procedures
- A post-secondary degree and with 2nd or 3rd level CMA/CGA, or be a recent University graduate with the intention of pursuing an accounting designation
- Intermediate – Advanced MS Excel abilities
- 3-5 years of accounting experience – specifically with reconciliation and accounts receivable
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Oil & Gas (downstream) considered a strong asset
- Treasury background
- Previous experience with SAP diploma or GED required. Associate's degree in accounting or related financial discipline preferred.
- 5+ years financial and/or accounting experience required.
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.