Our Federal client is looking for an Advanced Human Resources – Staffing Officer for a 24-week contract starting from 1 November 2018 to 17 April 2019
The Candidate’s tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Provide expert Human Resources advice to the TA;
- Independently authoring, reviewing and delivering all written products required in the Federal Public Service staffing process to include: Work descriptions, assessments against statements of merit criteria, poster/notices (PSRS) etc;
- Plan, organize and implement all human resource activities on behalf of the TA;
- Understand and communicate to the Program Leader information related to collective agreements, HR policy guidelines, and procedures governing staffing in the Federal Public Service;
- Analyse the Program’s HR requirements, recommend options and implement (end-to end) solutions to meet the TA’s objectives;
- Organize interviews, review resumes, prepare, administer and mark written examinations; prepare interview synopsis, conduct reference checks;
In addition to the PWGSC classification requirements, the successful candidate will clearly demonstrate the following mandatory experience:
- Must clearly demonstrate ten (10) years’ experience within the past fifteen (15) years providing advice on human resource policy, staffing mechanisms, recruitment strategies and human resource plans as either a senior advisor on human resources or as a manager of a human resource portfolio in a federal government department within the government of Canada.
- Must clearly demonstrate three (3) years’ experience within the past ten (10) years providing advice to managers in science and engineering organizations regarding classification, work descriptions and staffing strategies for technical classifications for engineers (EN-ENG) and computer scientists (CS).
- Must clearly demonstrate three (3) years’ experience within the past ten (10) years using the federal governments HRMS software PeopleSoft, CMM+,OrgPlus to prepare and update the Program’s organizational diagrams.
- Must hold a valid certification from the Government of Canada’s Appointment Management Knowledge test (AFKT).
- Must have an undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related degree with a specialization in Human Resources from a recognized Canadian University.
- Must be fully bilingual in English and French
- Hold a valid Secret security clearance and Controlled Goods
- Be available to work in the National Capital Region
Deadline to Apply: 17 Oct 2018