Our Federal client is looking for an Advanced Special Advisor for a 23-week contract starting from 30 October 2018 to 8 April 2019
The Candidate’s tasks will include but are not limited to:
- The Contractor will play an integral role in the definition and documentation of business analytic requirements within the Department of National Defence (DND), Vice Chief of the Defence Staff (VCDS) organization.
- The Contractor will function as a liaison between VCDS business users, functional subject matter experts, system analysts, and technical developers. The Contractor shall be tasked to provide services on an “as and when requested basis” that may include but not limited to the following activities
- Working with the VCDS business organizations to analyze existing processes and data (assessing current state and future state)
- Document business analytics processes and data diagrams
- Conduct requirements engineering (business, stakeholder, and solution requirements)
- Perform system fit/gap analysis and provide input for design specifications
- Develop and participate in system testing
- Collaborate with the project manager, key business stakeholders to establish objectives and priorities.
- Participate in the development of project planning including schedule milestones, risks, and scope of work.
- Monitor project progress against critical milestones and resolve or escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Develop or assist in the preparation of briefing notes, reports, and presentations.
- Provide monthly status reports to ensure the tasks are delivered on time and budget.
- The Contractor shall be responsible to the Technical Authority (TA) for the delivery, maintenance, and version control of all documents, correspondence, and data.
- The Contractor shall be responsible for all work produced under the Contract, including completeness, accuracy, and adherence to all relevant safety and environmental regulations, rules and good practices.
- The contracting authority holds the right to conduct an interview with the contractor before arriving onsite.
In addition to the PWGSC classification requirements, the successful candidate will clearly demonstrate the following mandatory experience:
- The proposed resource must have a minimum of ten (10) years professional Business Analyst work experience analyzying and documenting “as-is” and “to-be” system states.
- Must clearly demonstrate a minimum of 4 years experience as a Business Analyst for a minimum of two (2) federal government projects each exceeding $2M in value.
- Must clearly demonstrate a minimum of four (4) years experience of professional work experience organizing and leading working group workshops/meetings to gather user requirements.
- Must have direct responsibility for developing and delivering the following business requirements documentation:
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Scope Statement Specification
- Functional Requiremenst Specification
- Test plan or test cases
- Information or data model
- Current state analysis
- Must posses a Bachelor’s degree in science, information systems, or business administration or alternatively holds a valid Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification.
- Hold a valid Secret security clearance
- Be available to work in the National Capital Region
Deadline to Apply: 17 Oct 2018