Are you passionate about transforming the mindset of organizations to become more agile, and crafting standard practices for agile processes to allow them to do so? Do you have 5+ years in agile development with specific agile coach and scrum master experience? Then we would love to discuss an opportunity with you for our Midstream client for their office in Calgary, AB.
Our client's teams incorporate a variety of multidisciplinary skills, including industrial predictive algorithms, machine learning, and sentiment analysis. As the Agile Coach, you will effectively communicate technical messages around agile processes and their purpose; and lead, coach, mentor, and motivate a group of agile coaches and scrum masters that educate and mentor individuals at all levels on Agile principles. You will provide executive capability-building around agile that leads toward the organization-wide adoption of Agile methodologies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- You’ll implement agile strategies and foster an agile culture that will enable the Lab to drive large-scale business impact across a broad business scope in a complex, cross-functional environment.
- You’ll own agile practices for the entire Technology + Innovation Lab and shapes those practices for the entire organization.
- You’ll lead/oversee the Lab-wide team of agile coaches and scrum masters, providing coaching, mentorship, and motivation / inspiration to continue to impact the Lab as a whole at all levels.
- You’ll guide the Lab Executive Team and Lab leadership roles on how to use agile practices methodologies and communicate their value to others.
- You’ll foster close cooperation across all team members, encourages cross-training and supporting each other.
- You’ll facilitate communication and collaboration inside and outside the team.
- You’ll cultivate self-organization and growth within the team.
- You’ll build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of reprimand.
- You’ll define and track measures of success for coaching engagements (both agile coaches and scrum masters).
- You’ll model continuous learning and development of skills.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You have experience (5+ years) in agile development, with specific agile coach and scrum master (or similar) experience preferred.
- You possess deep knowledge of relevant domains/products/journeys.
- You’re capable of coaching team on agile practices and ensure adherence to agile methodology to deliver maximum business value on time.
- You are confident and skilled at navigating the team through road-blocks to allow sprints to be completed on time.
- You actively coach and mentor to grow and maximize the team’s potential.
- You bring a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around you.
- You hold a related university degree or a two-year technical diploma.
- You’ll be based in an office environment with occasional travel to other Lab locations.
- You’ll be part of a pressurized environment, working to tight deadlines.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.