Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in Michigan? Assisting them in serving 6.7 million of the state’s 10 million residents? They are currently looking for a Construction Coordinator to support their facility in Jackson, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Construction Coordinator
Location: Jackson, MI
Duration: Until June 2019 (possible extension)
- The AMD Construction Coordinator is responsible for providing project services that align multiple stakeholder groups toward a singular goal of task completion and close-out.
- The candidate will be expected to have a working knowledge of the electric distribution systems and their operation.
- They will also have a background in construction and management.
The skills that the construction coordinator will bring to the project will include:
- Scheduling & Planning
- Coordination & Organization
- Networking & Team Building
- Computer/Software Skills
- Analysis of Complex Problems
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Work Independently & With Teams
- Leadership Skills
- Conflict Management
- Record Keeping & Reporting
- Negotiation Skills
Typical tasks of the Construction Coordinator will include, but not be limited to:
- Long Term & Short-Term Schedule Review & Planning
- Communication with Field & Office Personnel for Data Acquisition/Coordination
- Log Requests into TOA (Transmission Outage Application (Outage Requests))
- Daily Report Creation & Submission
- Attendance at Team & Progress Meetings
- Acting as the AMD Construction Liaison to Multiple HVD System Teams
- Travel to Multiple Construction Sites (Electrical Substations) for Review & Planning
- Risk Review & Identification
- Construction Print & Scope Review
- Working Remotely as Project Demands Change
- Miscellaneous Office & Administrative Tasks
- Participation in Ongoing Learning & Development Skills/Procedural Training