Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Developer/Analyst for a 6+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Developer, is responsible in working closely with the internal clients/users to gather requirements and use them to develop code and create as well as maintain application features.
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications • Work closely with clients/users • Gather requirements to create Business Requirement Documents (BRD)
• Translate requirements into code and application features
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts • Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution • Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Experience with Windows Server – Python & Batch Scripting (5+ years of hands on experience)
2) SQL Server & SQL Query – writing store procedures & functions (5+ years of hands on experience)
3) SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) – hands on experience with cycle (5+ years)
4) Overall Business Analyst/Developer experience – gathering requirements & translating them into application features (5+ years)
5) Strong communication skills – written & verbal
-Financial knowledge about Prime Brokerage Risk & Margin applications
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”