Our Banking Client in Scarborough, ON is looking to hire a Java Developer for a 5+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Java Developer, He/She is responsible to work on a net new project that will enable sales generations through ATMs. This modernization project will be delivered initially to ATMs in the Caribbean and continue to grow throughout the bank, paralleling with multiple departments
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications • Act as a technical resource for modelling, simulation and analysis efforts • Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution • Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area • Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment • Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1)5-7 years’ experience developing back end technology with Java, min 1-year experience with Java 8.0
2)4 + years’ experience working with Java frameworks: Spring, Spring Boot 2, JUnit, Functional programming paradigms
3)4 + years’ experience creating RESTful API's and working with Microservices environments
3)4 + years’ experience working with Agile / Scrum Teams
4)Strong communication skills – able to articulate and communicate with team any suggestions / improvements for project
– Experience with Postman, Gradle
– Previous Financial Services Experience
– Previous experience working with Large or Medium sized environments
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”