Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Senior Core Java Developer for a 6+ months of contract role with high possibility of extension.
As a Senior Core Java Developer, He/she is responsible to migrate Clients legacy system from Solaris to Linux. In conjunction Oracle 10g will be migrated to Oracle 11i.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with various technologies in a large environment. They will be exposed to a high performing team that is a core project within the bank.
Typical Day in Role
• Migrate data from Solaris to Linux environments • Continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines throughout migration process • Migrate SVN to Bitbucket • Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 4-7 years’ experience developing back end technology with Core Java (min 1 year with Java 8)
2) Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment
3) Strong communication skills – able to articulate and communicate with team any suggestions / improvements for project
4) Experience with Bit Bucket, Git Hub or Jenkins
5) Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
– Any large migration projects
– Experience with Agile projects is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”